Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CE-michellep
Regular Visitor

Unable to connect to the data source undefined

Hi,

Im just new in Power BI and really wanting to use it for our client. I've been dealing with this issue for days now but still couldn't figure out how to rectify

Just a background of what I have done so far, I created the pibx file from my local machine in which the server name and database are the same as the clients. I install On-Premise Gateway on the client using my account and create a Gateway Cluster using the client's details. 

Gateway Connection.PNG

Refresh error.PNG

I really need help with this! Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CE-michellep ,

Can you please share some detail information to help us clarify trace detail log to find out the source reason? (e.g. detail error message, request id, datasoruce type, and connection mode)

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

BTW, are there any changes apply to your datasoruce that modified table structure?

According to your error message, it seems like new data structure has been updated and they do not match the original table structure which cached in query steps.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

In my experience, this error is usually not an authentication error.
Opposed to the refresh in the service, what message/error are you getting when you do the refresh in Power BI or the Query Editor?
Is that refresh succeeding without errors?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors