Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to connect to the data source undefined

Hi,

I keep getting this error message on my Dataset when I try to refresh. On other topics, I found that the security level needs to be set to Organizational and I did it at the desktop as well as the Gateway settings. But still keep getting this error.

Where can I find more details as to what is failing at refresh. Everything works fine at the desktop level. There are no errors when I refresh the dataset in Desktop. 

Also, when I publish it, I can generate reports in Analyze in Excel, just the refresh has issues. How can this be fixed.

Thanks,

D

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I went through all the links but the problem still exists.

This is the error message:

Hide
Scheduled11/29/2020, 2:04:32 PM11/29/2020, 2:17:20 PMFailedUnable to connect to the data source undefined.
Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:4d420cc1-4d9b-4cba-ac7e-5736e5227887
Request ID:e5122f66-04a8-4559-8a00-2090ec85f336
Time:2020-11-29 13:17:20Z

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have seen a few people with similar issues lately, I suggest making sure that the gateway(s) are up to date.  With the more recent desktop updates it appears that the gateway needs updated to the November version as well or it sometimes breaks.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

You can find more details in Setting —— Dataset —— Show Details

1.png

Please check if the data source in Manage Gateways and credential in Dataset Settings for the dataset are fine.

Here are some blogs for you, I hope they can help you solve your porblem.

Blog1: Manage an on-premises data gateway

Blog2: Troubleshoot gateways - Power BI

Blog3: Data Refresh in Power BI

If this reply still couldn't help you solve your problem, please show me more details about your refresh error.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors