Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to connect to the data source {0} on app.powerbi.com

Hi all,

I've been having this issue when trying to create a scheduled refresh for my dataset. This applies to almost all of the new reports/datasets that I'm publishing to the Power BI server. 

kevinX21_0-1604602953314.png

I have verified my credentials on other data, and those seem to be working fine. Wanted to note that I didn't create the gateway cluster, but I've been made an administrator.

I've also tried downloading the gateway application to my desktop, logging in, and registering another gateway to the cluster (shown below) but it doesn't show up in the gateway cluster on the website.

Appreciate any help, thanks in advance!

kevinX21_1-1604604049024.png

8 REPLIES 8
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

Not sure what caused it.
It is suggested to open a support ticket with MSFT to seek technical support.

MS engineers  will look into the issue on your side and provide better suggestions.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

The only required ports and IP addresses are those needed by Service Bus.

You also can get the list of required ports by performing the Network ports test periodically in the gateway app.The test results list all the servers, ports, and IP addresses that your gateway requires.

"Could not find a  part of  the path XXXX" this error message can be caused by error path.Did you change the location of the original data source?Please check you excel  resided in the same location.  Make sure the powerbi desktop file paths match.

You can download this pbix file to check whether it can  successfully refresh in powerbi desktop first.

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-easonf-msft,

I made sure the specified port was open, tested it, and got no different results. 

For the data source, the file path is exactly the same as it shows on my computer, and I haven't modified the location of the data source ever. 

What I've forgotten to mention however is that my co-worker and I are both uploading reports to this same gateway, and his computer is the one that the main gateway is on; however, I've created another gateway and added it to the same cluster, but any data sources I upload default to the gateway on his computer instead of mine. Could that be the issue as to why his computer is unable to connect to the data sources on my computer? And if so, why can't I upload reports/datasets to my own gateway and be able to refresh it on the Power BI server, considering it's in the same gateway cluster?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Errormsg.png

Here is a similar error message from when I tried to refresh the data today, hopefully this helps.

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Have you checked the firewall settings?

Make sure the corresponding port is not blocked.

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Eason,

How do I figure out what port corresponds to the Power BI server? Is this on my desktop or on the server somewhere?

Kevin

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

login to the VM where the primary (anchor) gateway cluster member is running and check that everything there is working ok. Check the gateway version too to make sure you are running 63.6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything is working alright on the VM, and the gateway version on both computers is 63.6. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors