cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Unable to connect to SSAS Tabular from Service

Ohh ok. Here is the screen print of the same. 

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ok fantastic.  Now that thats done.  Next we need to check whether you have create a Role within the Schema that will accept your connection.  This works a lot like Row Level Security in Power BI, but is done within the Analysis Services model.  You need at least 1 role and then you need to include the names or security groups of people.  You can use the same ones as your App access, or workspace access.

I had some issues within my Visual Studio project connecting to my Active Directory to search for people.  The solution to that issue was to select "Integrated Workspace Model" as true.  This property was found under "Solution Explorer" -> Model.Bim

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Great!! I've already configured SSAS in integration mode.

I tried to add the O365 user into a role from "Find Users" tab and I found the same user profile that of PowerBI service account.

Capture.PNG

But when I deploy to the cloud. I get this error. Does it prove us a problem with O365 account?

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Mine is a little more straight forward as i'm only dealing with data within a single account domain.  In an earlier post you had mentioned you had 2 different account domains.  Do you get a different result if you try the "Add External" button instead of find users?

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Yes Ross. I tried to add it using the option and the deployment was successful. But the issue remains the same where the Power BI service is unable to access the cloud SSAS. Do you want me to try out with anyother options to prove it is aproblem with O365?

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Might be worth putting a ticket into Microsoft about it.  I'd be pretty convinced you are close to the issue now.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks a lot Ross for your patience and support. 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi guys!

Have you found any solution?

Regards,

Robson.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

We are thrilled to announce we will begin running a monthly webinar series named Power BI Dev Camp.

Top Kudoed Authors