Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

admiraldata
Frequent Visitor

Unable to connect to MySQL PaaS

I've migrated my MySQL database to Azure MySQL PaaS.

When I test the connection on the gateway on the machine, it works:

gateway.PNG

However, when I try to connect to the same datasource in the Add Data source screen, it gives me an error:

gateway_2.PNG

How do I even begin to diagnose why this is happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @admiraldata,

As the issue is gone now, may I close this thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @admiraldata,

As the issue is gone now, may I close this thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
admiraldata
Frequent Visitor

Hi Qiuyun,

You're right. As soon as I stopped the Azure self hosted integration runtime, the gateway started to work fine.

Thanks for your help!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @admiraldata,

Based on my test, once the machine hosts the data gateway doesn't install the MySQL provider, the same error will occur. 

In your scenario, it seems you install the separate self-hosted integration runtime on the same machine has gateway run. According to this:

• If you already have a gateway installed on your computer serving a Power BI scenario, install a separate self-hosted integration runtime for Azure Data Factory on another machine.

Please uninstall the self-hosted integration runtime then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

admiraldata
Frequent Visitor

All of that works, but the gateway config on the PowerBI service still gives me the error. What's next - how do we identify how to fix this?

admiraldata
Frequent Visitor

Hi Qiuyun,

If the machine did not have the MySQL driver, then I wouldn't be able to connect in the diagnostics screen right?

As you requested, on the same machine, I tried PBI and I am able to connect:

pbi1.pngpbi2.png

The gateway is also up-to-date:

gateway1.pnggateway2.png

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @admiraldata,

Based on my test with the latest on-premise data gateway, as long as the machine hosts on-premise data gateway has MySQL provider installed, we can add azure MySQL data source in Manage Gateways successfully.

In your scenario, please check if the machine hosts on-premise data gateway has installed the MySQL provider. If the same machine has Power BI desktop, you can get data from azure MySQL in desktop to test if connection is successful. Also please run the latest gateway version to avoid potential problem. 

Note: Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

admiraldata
Frequent Visitor

I have uploaded the last 7 days of logs. The ReportID for the logs is 3e358717-7be8-4f00-b65a-44fdeea9ed0b

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors