Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

himanshuj123
Regular Visitor

Unable to connect Data Gateway using ODBC Driver (Postgres) to Power Bi Report Builder File

I am getting the below error when I'm connecting my Paginated Report to the data gateway.

An unexpected error occurred
A data source used by this report returned an error.
The target Gateway does not support the requested feature.
No DB connection provider factory for provider 'System.Data.Odbc' has been registered.

Activity ID: a7d00a45-0249-1d73-2706-cd03d6ec278c
Request ID: a7d00a45-0249-1d73-2706-cd03d6ec278c
Correlation ID: f3350ed1b5be4491a1ec90d713e33e9e
Status code: 200
Time: Fri Apr 23 2021 17:57:20 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)
Cluster URI: https://indiawest.pbidedicated.windows.net/webapi/capacities/D6A843D5-C3FD-42FC-9131-248B334AFE67/wo...

I have prepared a report from Power Bi Report Builder with making a connection from Postgres using ODBC Drivers, the driver which I have installed on my desktop is 32-bit and it is working fine. For using data gateway as suggested by Microsoft documentation I have installed 64-bit drivers on the Gateway Machine and it is also working fine. But as soon as I open my report I'm getting the above error. Please let me know if any of you also encounter the same issue.
Any help would be appreciated. Also, attaching the screenshots for your reference.

Thanks in Advance.

Gateway SettingGateway SettingReport ErrorReport ErrorReport SettingReport Setting

1 REPLY 1
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @himanshuj123 

You can check whether the gateway is updated to the latest version and whether the odbc connector matches it.

Reference:

ODBC support available for Paginated Reports in public preview | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft...

Power BI gateway and Report Builder support for ODBC data sources (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft D...

If it doesn’t solve your problem, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors