Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to combine data

I am getting this error message wehn trying to refresh a dataset which is comprised mainly of CSV files residing on a Office 365 SharePoint Document Library. There is also a reference to an AzuremarketPlace dataset and some SharePoint lists on the same Office 365 site.

There is no step "AutoRemovedColumns1" in the query CalculateBudget so I am a bit stuck as to what I should do!

The pbix file has "Ignore privacy levels...." checked under Fast Combine in Options. Is there anything else I should do?

Last refresh failed: Mon Feb 29 2016 12:23:34 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time) 
An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset.

PersonalGateway_DataSourceKindLabel: 
Data source error:[Unable to combine data] Section1/CalculateBudget/AutoRemovedColumns1 references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination.
Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:01632de3-d260-4815-8bcc-cfe882090c32
Request ID:b0560656-6c5c-3c08-9e03-4b228113eedb
Time:2016-02-29 12:23:34Z
4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

For the CalculateBudget query, have you looked the Advanced Editor to confirm that there is no step called AutoRemovedColumns1?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. There isn't, but I have found the issue.

There is a function called within this query (to fill some columns in) and it was doing a call to a CSV file on the SharePoint site.

I have rejigged the function to use a query within the dataset as the source (rather than the CSV file) and that now seems to be happy 🙂

Thanks for your help.

I am gettnig a similar errror, but none of my files are in Share point, My data comes from Excel files and folders contains excel files. 

the error I get also reffers to ""AutoRemovedColumns1" but I cant figure our why. 

I was able to sort out my challage, I found the answer in this post, Matt shared a blog post by Ken Plus.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Formula-Firewall-Query-references-other-queries-so-it-may-no...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors