cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianw1000 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Unable to combine data

I am getting this error message wehn trying to refresh a dataset which is comprised mainly of CSV files residing on a Office 365 SharePoint Document Library. There is also a reference to an AzuremarketPlace dataset and some SharePoint lists on the same Office 365 site.

There is no step "AutoRemovedColumns1" in the query CalculateBudget so I am a bit stuck as to what I should do!

The pbix file has "Ignore privacy levels...." checked under Fast Combine in Options. Is there anything else I should do?

Last refresh failed: Mon Feb 29 2016 12:23:34 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time) 
An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset.

PersonalGateway_DataSourceKindLabel: 
Data source error:[Unable to combine data] Section1/CalculateBudget/AutoRemovedColumns1 references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination.
Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:01632de3-d260-4815-8bcc-cfe882090c32
Request ID:b0560656-6c5c-3c08-9e03-4b228113eedb
Time:2016-02-29 12:23:34Z
4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Unable to combine data

For the CalculateBudget query, have you looked the Advanced Editor to confirm that there is no step called AutoRemovedColumns1?

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Highlighted
ianw1000 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thanks. There isn't, but I have found the issue.

There is a function called within this query (to fill some columns in) and it was doing a call to a CSV file on the SharePoint site.

I have rejigged the function to use a query within the dataset as the source (rather than the CSV file) and that now seems to be happy 🙂

Thanks for your help.

MarkCBB Member

I am gettnig a similar errror, but none of my files are in Share point, My data comes from Excel files and folders contains excel files. 

the error I get also reffers to ""AutoRemovedColumns1" but I cant figure our why. 

MarkCBB Member

I was able to sort out my challage, I found the answer in this post, Matt shared a blog post by Ken Plus.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Formula-Firewall-Query-references-other-queries-so-it-may-no...

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 361 members 3,920 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: