cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grob Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

[Unable to combine data] Accessing data sources that have privacy levels which cannot be used togeth

Hello,

After refreshing my data on Power BI Service, I got this message:

[Unable to combine data] Section1/datasource/AutoRemovedColumns1 is accessing data sources that have privacy levels which cannot be used together. Please rebuild this data combination. Table: datasource.

The request behind the report retreives data from OneDrive. There is a combination of two sources : .xlsx and .txt.

When I delete the .txt part, error dissapear; this part is:

Source2 = Csv.Document(Web.Contents("https://my.sharepoint.com/personal/xxx/xxx/Anomalies.txt"),
    [Delimiter=";", Columns=1, Encoding=1252, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.None]),

RemoveAnomalies_Source2 = Table.SelectRows(RenameColumn_Source1, each List.Contains(Table.ToList(Source2),
    [ID]) = false)

I have checked the option "Always ignore Privacy Level settings" in the "Privacy" option tab.

Do you know how to handle it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: [Unable to combine data] Accessing data sources that have privacy levels which cannot be used to

Hi @Grob ,

This error is because of the privacy-level restrictions and the types of data sources you're using.

You can rebuild this data combination.

1.Duplicate the Existing Query, enter Query Editor, delete the other data query code, renamed the new query to "Duplicate query".

2.Modify the Existing Query, change the first several lines to the "Source = Duplicate query".

For more detail, you can refer to the link:https://www.excelguru.ca/blog/2015/03/11/power-query-errors-please-rebuild-this-data-combination/.

Please understand that this link is provided “AS IS” with no warranties or guarantees of content changes, and confers no rights.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: [Unable to combine data] Accessing data sources that have privacy levels which cannot be used to

Hi @Grob ,

This error is because of the privacy-level restrictions and the types of data sources you're using.

You can rebuild this data combination.

1.Duplicate the Existing Query, enter Query Editor, delete the other data query code, renamed the new query to "Duplicate query".

2.Modify the Existing Query, change the first several lines to the "Source = Duplicate query".

For more detail, you can refer to the link:https://www.excelguru.ca/blog/2015/03/11/power-query-errors-please-rebuild-this-data-combination/.

Please understand that this link is provided “AS IS” with no warranties or guarantees of content changes, and confers no rights.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 6 members 2,994 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: