Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SriKandimalla
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to change the parameters in Power BI service for a csv data set

Hello Power BI community!

I am using few csv files to build my report. I created the report and set up some parameters to change the data source.

I am able to change the parameters in PBI desktop by using Edit parameters and then Applying changes. 

The problem comes after I publish the report in Power BI service. I am unable to change the parameters in the dataset settings and thus unable to change the csv data source. 

Do I need to have a gateway setup for the parameters to work? Or did I miss anything in the process?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated! TIA @GilbertQ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SriKandimalla ,

If your CSV files are saved on premise , you might need to install and configure a gateway, see more :On-premises data gateway, Manage data sources .

Then you can modify the parameter to a new value. You may be prompted to update the credential for the new data source, just click on the Edit credentials.

78.png

The final step was to refresh the data and see if it now was getting data form the new parameter value.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SriKandimalla ,

If your CSV files are saved on premise , you might need to install and configure a gateway, see more :On-premises data gateway, Manage data sources .

Then you can modify the parameter to a new value. You may be prompted to update the credential for the new data source, just click on the Edit credentials.

78.png

The final step was to refresh the data and see if it now was getting data form the new parameter value.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors