Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mattr_TEM
Frequent Visitor

Unable to add user to content pack

I have multiple Org Content Packs, and all but one will allow me to update it. On the problem content pack I am trying to add to new user to the access group online through the PBI service. When I add the email address for the user the “update” radio button does not highlight to allow me to co firm this change. I have gone through all othe content packs and they allow me to add this user. I have also tried to change the dashboards in this content pack to see if the button would highlight the button but to no avail. Any one else have a similar issue?

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi
I haven’t reproduce your problem.
Please check if you could choose “my entire organization” to have access to the content pack and update this successfully.
Do you try other users to add to the access group? Do those users have a Pro licence?
Can you create a new content pack with the same contents and add the users to the access group?

Best Regards
Maggie

Hi Maggie,

Thank you for the response.  I have tried to choose "My Entire Organization" but the update button still does not highlight. I have tried to add other users to this Content Pack and still the update button does not highlight.  All users do have Pro Licenses. After everything I tried I gave up and decided to delete the content pack but PBI threw an error

Power BI

Something went wrong
Sorry, something went wrong while deleting the content pack. Please try again later.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID53285aa7-3eac-aa97-4176-a590cc9e92ea
Request ID5a163e8f-84ba-98d2-caee-21cde72f3e5d
Correlation IDcfcfebe7-60c7-ce0e-e85f-45143ba6668c
Status code400
TimeWed May 23 2018 08:04:55 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
Version13.0.5314.162

I then moved on to create a new Content Pack. This published fine.  Its weird that this issue is with only one content pack, which now I cannot even delete...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors