Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

theSpawnAT

Unable to Use Azure Active Directory in Power BI

hi

we tried today to use PowerBI for AAD reporting, but we can't find the Content Pack as mentioned in https://powerbi.microsoft.com/de-de/blog/azure-active-directory-meets-power-bi/

Once we open "Get Data" -> "Services / Get Data" a new window opens, where we can see some Content Packs, but no Azure Active Directory content pack.

how can we get this into our PowerBI?

In another Tutorial I found a shortcut from Azure Active Directory to Power BI in "Logs", but this button is also not visible?

I have all required rights, to access AAD in Azure without problems, maybe I need an additional role for reporting capabilities?

regards michael

6 REPLIES 6
JerryRoss

Malasanha
Frequent Visitor
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @theSpawnAT ,

From the article, we know that in order view to sign-ins logs in the Azure Active Directory Activity content pack, you need Azure AD Premium to access the data. See more details.

You may also refer to the similar case , go to Get data-> Service content pack in Power BI Service, then search  Azure Active Directory Activity Logs content pack  and install it.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also looking for this content pack and it doesn't appear to be there anymore.

Searching everything has very limited results for Azure. I see Azure Backup and valQ Azure Cost Planner and that's all when searching content packs. Did they take these down for a reason? Also the article that mentions the pack has an email address to reply to that gets rejected when you try to email it.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Identity-Admins-rejoice-Azure...

Hi, I was just wondering if there are any updates to this question?  I am also trying to connect to AAD data.

Regards,

Kevin

Hi Amy

where do I need that Azure AD Premium Licensee to be assigned?

in Azure I have the P2 Plan.... 

regards michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors