Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to Save a Copy of a report

In the New Look of PowerBI, when I open a report from an App I do not see the Save a Copy option after clicking on the ...

I am not sure if I had that option in the Old Look (since I never had to do it until now).

I am wondering if this is a permissions/settings issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

You can give them Build permissions to connect to the underlying datasets, and to create copies of the reports in the app. Read more about the Build permission.

005.PNG

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkek
Frequent Visitor

Hello team - I am having the same issue here. We migrated app access to use of AD groups. Ever since, the user community is reporting not being able to see Save a Copy in the App. 

Despite having Admin rights, I also don't see Save a Copy in the App. There is one particular App this is happening with. With other Apps (from other workspaces), I do have the ability to Save a Copy. 

Save a Copy is available through the Workspace (again likely due to me being an Admin). People with Viewer access via AD group cannot see Save a Copy when they access reports via the Workspace. 

Can you please advise on any recommendations to help resolve this? 

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

You can give them Build permissions to connect to the underlying datasets, and to create copies of the reports in the app. Read more about the Build permission.

005.PNG

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

If you have got the build permissions from the app you should be able to see the Save a Copy as shown below.

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors