Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to Refresh my dataset sourced from Sharepoint/Onedrive

Since Wednesday, I've been unable to refresh my dataset. I'll select the 'Refresh Now' option, receive the dialogue 'Preparing to Refresh', but it never actually starts. More specifically, I don't get a failure or success entry, nor do I see anything in the Refresh History resulting from any of my attempts to 'Refresh Now'. It doesn't seem like a credential issue that we've all experienced in the past. I've posted about this a couple days ago in the Issues section, but I haven't received any replies. Anyone know what the issue could be? Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.

doesnt_refresh_bi.png

edit: Also, the data refreshes just fine using the same web sources from SharePoint. Refreshing only fails after publishing into PBI Service

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so upon doing a lot more research and independent testing, it seems as though, that datasets, connected through web sources, only refresh through scheduled refreshes and not on demand anymore. Let me know if this is the case or if I should still be able to use the 'Refresh Now' option. Thanks Guys!

Hi @Anonymous,

Our colleague have replyed your issue on Issue forum. Do you solved your issue? I have tested it on my local environment, we can refresh the data that stored in Onedrive.
Capture.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-caliao-msft

No, I'm still only able to refresh the data through a scheduled refresh. 'Refreshing Now' still only results in a 'Preparing to Refresh...' dialogue coming up, disappearing, and not finishing the refresh process.

Thanks,

Josh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors