Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hussainh
Regular Visitor

Unable to Display Usage by License Name - Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics

Hi,

We have the Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics template app in Power BI. How can we view usage data by license/subscription type?

I tried to create a visual with the data fields of "License Name" and "MostRecent-ActiveUsers(%)", but it doesn't work because there is no relationship between the two tables where these fields exist. I tried this in both the browser version and desktop version and haven't had any luck. Please advise on how to create a visual that can show usage by license name.

2 REPLIES 2
iXpert_info
Helper II
Helper II

Hi Jay,

Thank you for this information however the article you linked is addressing a different issue. The problem I have is with the Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics Dashboard which comes preconfigured from Microsoft as a template app (see image below). As you can see, for example, it provides a total percentage for adoption across the organization. However, I want to be able to break this down by license type such as adoption percentage only for users with E3 license. Does anyone know how this can be done?

office365usage-exec-summary.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors