Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

b5lurker
Advocate II
Advocate II

Unable to Delete Gateways

I have been unable to delete 2 gateways that were setup on servers that we have since been decommissioned. I have removed all of the data sources tied to these gateways, but still get an error when I try to Delete them using the elispes menu in the Gateway Admin page. Below is are the error messages displayed for each gateway (prddg3 & prddg03):

Something went wrong
We could not remove this gateway because it is the primary gateway within a cluster that has other gateway instances. Please remove other gateway instances from this cluster before removing the primary gateway.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: a2de8002-2fa2-45f1-bc6f-50d8403a4b9d
Request ID: 966ad5ef-84c5-3965-661b-4a88003c1fa6
Correlation ID: 416e135e-d241-9de0-2e5f-617d125c2a2f
Status code: 400
ecsCorrelationId: a2de8002-2fa2-45f1-bc6f-50d8403a4b9d
Time: Thu Jan 03 2019 10:52:14 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
Version: 13.0.7683.237
Cluster URI: https://wabi-west-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Something went wrong
We could not remove this gateway because it is the primary gateway within a cluster that has other gateway instances. Please remove other gateway instances from this cluster before removing the primary gateway.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: a2de8002-2fa2-45f1-bc6f-50d8403a4b9d
Request ID: 5be291a8-79be-e214-8c16-0b0d5761895e
Correlation ID: 208ce98b-a68c-fec9-9796-ed956d8f2b9c
Status code: 400
ecsCorrelationId: a2de8002-2fa2-45f1-bc6f-50d8403a4b9d
Time: Thu Jan 03 2019 10:58:00 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
Version: 13.0.7683.237
Cluster URI: https://wabi-west-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net

We have the correct cluster up and running in this page named prddg03west.

Thanks,

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @b5lurker,

I got the method to remove the clusters of Data Gateway from an expert. Please refer to service-gateway-high-availability-clusters#powershell-support-for-gateway-clusters.

Cannot_remove_Gateway_Cluster_in_Power_Bi_Service_when_the_gateways_are_inaccessible

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this information, unfortunately I can't get it to work. When I run   Remove-OnPremisesDataGateway  I get an Unauthorized error:

Any ideas why this would occur ? I am logged in with the PowerBI account that is an administrator on the gateway.

image.png

Thanks

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @b5lurker,

I got the method to remove the clusters of Data Gateway from an expert. Please refer to service-gateway-high-availability-clusters#powershell-support-for-gateway-clusters.

Cannot_remove_Gateway_Cluster_in_Power_Bi_Service_when_the_gateways_are_inaccessible

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

None of the above worked for me.

However, I was able to remove the Gateway Cluster by actually logging in as myself (the original creator of the cluster), and using Powershell. Using the On-Premises Gateway admin account did not work, because I was not logged in as it.

My steps:

> Install-Module -Name DataGateway

> Login-DataGatewayServiceAccount
WARNING: (False) MSAL 4.27.0.0 MSAL.NetCore Microsoft Windows 10.0.19043 [08/04/2021 04:55:55 - ] Exception type: Microsoft.Identity.Client.MsalUiRequiredException
, ErrorCode: user_null
HTTP StatusCode 0
CorrelationId

at Microsoft.Identity.Client.Internal.Requests.Silent.SilentRequest.ExecuteAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Microsoft.Identity.Client.Internal.Requests.Silent.SilentRequest.ExecuteAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Microsoft.Identity.Client.Internal.Requests.RequestBase.RunAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)

you will get asked to log into your Office 365 account. Go ahead.

Next get the Cluster ID to remove:

> Get-DataGatewayCluster

Id : ################ your ID
Name : PowerBIgateway
etc etc

And using the ID, remove it:

> Remove-DataGatewayCluster -GatewayClusterId  ##YOUR ID##

Thanks Frank, that did it! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors