Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to Connect to Microsoft Azure Enterprise - Upgrade Required

Hey People,

OK, so our Enterprise Agreement ticked over last year and so I've been having fun with the various content packs (and Apps) for PowerBI that pull data from Azure and O365 - as the agreement number has changed.

Today I'm trying to set up the Microsoft Azure Enterprise content pack for the new agreement, but I'm getting an "Upgrade required" error when I try to authenticate using our EAs key.

Failed to update data source credentials: Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://ea.azure.com/rest/XXXXXXXXX/usage-reports?type=summary&month=2015-12&api-version=1.0' (426): Upgrade RequiredHide details

Activity ID:deb4404c-8e76-40a0-8124-c8292d32fd5d
Request ID:7c34798d-a170-2d37-0bf4-af69eecac8d3
Status code:400
Time:Wed Jan 16 2019 10:58:30 GMT+1300 (New Zealand Daylight Time)
Version:13.0.7840.233
Cluster URI:https://wabi-south-east-asia-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Any ideas?

Thanks

Craig

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I'm facing the same issue. There is no documentation available how to "upgrade" this connection.

Azure Enterprise Content Pack doesn't seem to be a solution either. I can't use/map the existing reports.

How does this story go forward? Man Happy

Kr,

Burn

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think we're supposed to use the Azure Consumption Insights Power BI App instead.

But I'm having issues with that.

• I can't rename it (as we'll need one for each 3 year EA agreement).
  • I've been having data refresh issues since October...  And you can't access the Dashboard/Reports/Dataset the same way you can with Content Packs.
    • I did figure it out in the end - you have to go edit another dataset, then the App one will show up...
    • At that point I could see the refresh was failing and re-setup the schedule
    • But I see some of the data is missing
  • There's a bunch of data tagged with GUID based Context IDs, but the value is $0
  • The data doesn't always match what's in ea.azure.com (though it's only out by <$30)

Such fun!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors