Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fabiobecamp
Frequent Visitor

Unable for automatic refresh

Hi guys,

I know that this topic was already discussed but no one of them solved my problem.

I have a published report with 2 differents data source, 2 oracle and 1 dataflow. 

Despite having all them configured and working properly for other reports, I am not able to select the gateway on it specifically due to below message:

Extension("extensionDataSourceKind":"PowerBI","extensionDataSourcePath":"PowerBI")

It is strange because this same warning message appears for other reports and they work magically fine.

Do you have any other ideia to solve?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
fabiobecamp
Frequent Visitor

Guys. just to update the topic, I had to remove the dataset and report and publish it again to solve the issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
fabiobecamp
Frequent Visitor

Guys. just to update the topic, I had to remove the dataset and report and publish it again to solve the issue.

fabiobecamp
Frequent Visitor

No ideia guys?

Hi @fabiobecamp ,

Are you refreshing your data in the dataflow first, and THEN refreshing the Power BI Dataset?  I believe it is has to be refreshed in order.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hi @collinq ,

See below that I am unable to select the gateway, so it is not possible to start any refresh

tempsnip.png

Hi @fabiobecamp ,

I would ask for permissions as a user for that gateway from the admin to be sure that it is not security related.  Also, I would review this article to confirm that your data source is available in gateway:  Power BI data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Docs  (some things like R are not)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors