Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

giampitz
Helper I
Helper I

USERCULTURE works only for reports implemented with import mode

Hi all,

I discovered a strange behavior (bug?) of the USERCULTURE() function. This always works perfectly when I check the output of the function in Power BI Desktop, regardless of whether the report was developed in import or live query mode to SSAS.

After having published the report, the output in Power BI Service is correct only if the report use the import mode. If the report is connected to a Azure SSAS Tabular model, the function always return en-US.

Someone of you have the same problem?

Thanks,

@giampitz 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Feedback of the MS-support: this function is currently not deployed to work in power bi service and is currently planned to be completed sometime in the First Quarter of Next Year, but there is no an specific ETA.

The only way to implement the traslations in a PBI Report connected to SSAS is configuring the language of each user in a table and implement the translations in a similar way of the Row Level Security.

Thanks,

@giampitz 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @giampitz ,

According to your description, it seems like your function extracts the USERCULTURE from service/gateway requests instead of your datasource.

What language your power bi service set? What device region/language that you host the gateway? Please provide some detail information to help us clarify your scenario.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I’m connected to Azure Analysis Services and thus without using a gateway.
When I change the language on the preferences of the power bi service, only for the reports designed with Import mode the userculture function returns the right value. For those that are connected to Azure Analysis Services always return en-US.
For me is a bug.

Thanks.
GIampil

HI @giampitz ,

I'd like to suggest you open a support ticket on Azure side to get further support for this scenario. (you can ask them to check the backend processing of USERCULTURE function)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Feedback of the MS-support: this function is currently not deployed to work in power bi service and is currently planned to be completed sometime in the First Quarter of Next Year, but there is no an specific ETA.

The only way to implement the traslations in a PBI Report connected to SSAS is configuring the language of each user in a table and implement the translations in a similar way of the Row Level Security.

Thanks,

@giampitz 

Hi Xiaoxin,

I’ll do that!
I’m also waiting the support for the SSAS translations. We need to distribuite the apps in 12 different languages and we are managing this part through the bookmarks. Not so easy to maintain...
I will update this post after having received the MS support.

Thanks,
@giampitz
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@giampitz 

If possible can you please share few relevant screenshots for better understaning(working and not working screenshots) to reply on it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors