Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

US / UK Date format not displaying correctly in reports

I have a report that will be viewed by staff in the US and the UK. Staff in the US need to see dates in their format i.e. mm/dd/yy. Staff in the UK need to see dates in their format i.e. dd/mm/yy . I have set the report up to use the browser locale. However only certain elements change based on the locale. The slicer correctly changes. Charts change (as long as a continuous axis is used, switching to categorical axis switches the dates back to the UK). Dates in tables refuse to change and so on

I used Power BI Desktop Version: 2.88.1385.0 64-bit (December 2020) to create the reports. All dates are displayed in UK format when viewed in Power BI Desktop. This matches my device locale. The Desktop Regional Settings are set to use English (UK) for import as that matches the source data.

Mixture of UK and US dates when the browser is set to USMixture of UK and US dates when the browser is set to US

3 REPLIES 3
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @buildbod ,

This is a similar case to your question, someone has already reported this issue on the "Issues" forum

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/There-is-a-bug-in-the-relative-date-slicer-incorrect-calenda...

You can check this case link, hope it helps you:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Relative-Dates-Start-Monday/m-p/1651271#M661553

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I would say that they are different issues. Different visuals are processing locale differently. This should not happen. Dates should be handled consistently. What can be done to solve the issue?

Also the Workspace is set to use the 'Default (browser language)'

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors