Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mancdave
Frequent Visitor

URL version issues between Web App and Desktop to Dynamics 365

Hi Guys, 

I am a newbie, and i managed to pull data into the powerBI desktop under v9 for dynamics 365. So i have published this data to the web app. Im trying to get the data from the webapp to dynamics 365. 

temp 2.PNG

I cant seem to get the data from web app to dynamics 365, im assuming dues to v9 issue that has been going on:

temp 1.PNG

Is this the error where v8.2 needs to be selected from dynamics datat source to desktop power BI ,then  a republish to the webapp with the updated v8.2 url?

I have renamed and changed alot of fields which took a fair bit of time, is the any chance i can keep these changes without having to do it all again with the updated url?

Thanks in advance hop i explained this well enough.

Cheers

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @mancdave,

It seems like a known issue which power bi team are working on, you can take a look at following link to know more about this issue.

Power bi Support

Users may be unable to connect to Dynamics CRM using the OData connector in Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service. If this issue is impacting you, you'll see a connector error letting you know the feed's metadata document appears to be invalid. We're collecting additional trace logs and continuing to investigate the appropriate method to fix the impacted users. Next update @07/19/2018 13:00 PDT

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors