Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

notoriousdbp

URL's for refresh automatically appended

I've been trying out Power BI with our JIRA Cloud service and have really been impressed by what we can now demonstrate.  Our company really want to display reports on digital signage but for that to be effective we need to refresh our reports.  When setting up a scheduled refresh the JIRA URL is being appended causing an error when entering credentials and there seems to be no way to fix it.

Instead of https://[our company name].atlassian.net the URL is being automatically appended to https://[our company name].atlassian.net/rest/api/2/search/jql=filter=xxxxx/rest/api/2/search/

the rest/api/2/search/jql=filter=xxxxx/ is being automatically added to any JIRA URL I use whether it's from the setup of the content pack or from the import of a pbix file and there is no way to amend any setting to control where this is happening.  I think this has come from me manually entering the URL including the search query when setting up the content pack once and it now seems impossible to undo.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and been able to resolve?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @notoriousdbp,

Maybe you can try to use fiddler to trace detail operation information to confirm which place caused the issue.

Fiddler Trace

Fiddler is a free tool from Telerik that monitors HTTP traffic. You can see the back and forth with the Power BI service from the client machine. This may show errors and other related information.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, but Fiddler didn't really give me much help.  It's the PowerBI service online itself that is amending the URL so it's not something happening on my machine.  I've also tried different browsers and in incognito mode and got the same result

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors