Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

URL filter problem using with some special characters

Hello Community,

I want to use URL filtering for my reports. But I have faced with some character problem.

This is my scenario: I have a table with name 05. Country and a column name Country

but when I tried for ex: ?filter=05._x0020_Country/Country eq 'Denmark'  it is not working.

Can someone help me with this? 

Kind regards. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-easonf-msft

I already know the problem, so imagine that you have a table name 05. Country and field Country #, you need to put this: 

?filter=_x0030__x0035__x002E__x0020_Country/Country_x0020__x0023_ eq 'Denmark'

so when you put special characters you need to put double __ between them. And be careful with ' symbol because I figured out that I was facing a problem with my keyboard when I used this ' symbol (because my keyboard is in Portuguese not in US International). So the best approach to not change the default language of your keyboard is use this format:

?filter=_x0030__x0035__x002E__x0020_Country%2FCountry_x0020__x0023_%20eq%20%27Denmark%27
When I use that format, it is working well in my side. 

Kind regards, 
Bruno Franco. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-easonf-msft

I already know the problem, so imagine that you have a table name 05. Country and field Country #, you need to put this: 

?filter=_x0030__x0035__x002E__x0020_Country/Country_x0020__x0023_ eq 'Denmark'

so when you put special characters you need to put double __ between them. And be careful with ' symbol because I figured out that I was facing a problem with my keyboard when I used this ' symbol (because my keyboard is in Portuguese not in US International). So the best approach to not change the default language of your keyboard is use this format:

?filter=_x0030__x0035__x002E__x0020_Country%2FCountry_x0020__x0023_%20eq%20%27Denmark%27
When I use that format, it is working well in my side. 

Kind regards, 
Bruno Franco. 

Hi, @Anonymous 
Great, I'm glad your problem has been solved. Thank you for your sharing .

I think you can accept your reply as a solution, which will help more community members.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Have your tried to change the name of this table ?

In addition, I would suggest you to create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-easonf-msft unfortunately I can't change the name of table, because it is a company rule to have the name of the tables like that. I will check another options and try other ways. 

Once again, thanks and kind regards. 

Hi, @Anonymous 

If your problem is solved, please share the solution here, which will help more people who encounter similar problems.

By the way ,it seems that  unicode of full stop ( . ) is  0x2E  rather than 0020.

?filter=05_x002E_Country/Country eq 'Denmark' 

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-easonf-msft.

Yes I already tried all the combinations, and I already created a ticket and I already spoke with one of the support members, and we tried all the combinations and probably it is a bug, because we tried a example that you have in microsoft documentation for example with @ (x0040) and it is not working too, when you use special character is not working. So I need to wait for their feedback. When I know I'll put the feedback in here. 

Thanks and kind regards. 

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

Special characters and spaces in table and column names require some additional formatting.

There may still be some kind of error in the format. It is best to standardize your original table name into a name that does not cause ambiguity.

For more details ,please  refer to this document about how to Filter a report using query string parameters in the URL .

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply @v-easonf-msft 

I've tried many options for example: ?filter=_x0030_x0035_x002e_x0020_Country/Country eq 'Denmark' , but I think it doesn't accept numbers (05) or ".", it may be that it only accepts text and only the special characters that exist in the microsoft documentation.

Kind regards. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors