Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

URL Action - Open in same window

Hello, 

Could you please answer the following: I'm currently working on Employee Attendance Tracking workbook.

While building the Home Page, I added the employees pictures so when the manager will click on a certain one, it will redirect him to Employee details dashboard. The method used is using the bookmaks (on each employee dashoard). 

The problem is that the manager wants to have only 2 dashboards in the report - the 1st is the Home page that contains the pictures and the 2nd one is the Employee details - How can i do that using URL Action and open the URL in the same window when a picture is selected.

Thank you in advance,

Rita.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @Anonymous 

I'd like to suggest you use URL filters to filter the result page. For further information, you may refer to the article . Here is my sample data.

f2.png

You may copy the link and append at the end of link as follows.

.../ReportSection?filter=Products/UnitPrice eq 18
.../ReportSection?filter=Products/UnitPrice eq 30
.../ReportSection?filter=Products/ProductID eq 40

Then you could make the image selected, go to 'Format image', click 'Action', set 'Type'  as 'Web URL' and 'Web URL' as the corresponding link. 

f7.png

When it is saved and published to service, you can click the image and it will go to the result page filtered by URL parameters. Here are the results.

f3.png

f4.png

f5.png

f6.png

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jestelrod
Regular Visitor

Has anyone found the solution to open the URL from the same browser tab?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

Does any solution identified to show the filtered results in the same tab of browser instead of new tab?

I need the solution where I had 3 filters and a table with same 3 colums filtering the data based on the value selected by user in 3 filters by using button with action type as weburl.So, whenever user clicks on search button,the filtered results were opening in new tab of browser.

I need to show the filtered results always in same tab.

used the below measure to the action type of button.

Measuretest = "https://app.powerbi.com/groups/.........ReportSection?filter=Basic/Pro in ('"&[Measure Pro]&"') and Basic/Pro1 in ('"&[Measure Pro1]&"') and Basic/Project in ('"&[Measure Project]&"') and Basic/PersonnelName in ('"&[Measure Per Name]&"')"
Ex: Measure Pro will hold the user selected value with 
= CALCULATE(CONCATENATEX(VALUES(Basic[Pro]), [Pro], "','"), ALLSELECTED(Basic[Pro]))

aarushi_14_0-1640104933979.png

After clicking the CLICK ME button the below table should filter within the same tab of browser.

aarushi_14_1-1640104994539.png

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Based on your description, I created data to reproduce your scenario.

Table:

c1.png

You may create three bookmarks on Detailed pages and apply the corresponding visual level filter  to the visual.

c2.png

c3.png

c4.png

Then you may make the corresponding image selected, go to 'Format image', click 'Action', set 'Type' as 'Bookmark' and 'Bookmark' as the specific bookmark.

c5.png

Finally when you ctrl+click the image it will go to the specific bookmark of Detailed page.

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-alq-msft ,

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate.

Hence, the current problem is that the manager doesn't want the bookmarks Method but the URL Method: 

I copied the URL of the "Report details" from powerbi service and added a filter to it as the following: 

URL of report details: https://app.powerbi.com/groups/52131e3d-7c2d-4fd4-962f-a4c84f49ea35/reports/a5f2faa8-76f4-401b-a037-...

Employee Page :https://app.powerbi.com/groups/52131e3d-7c2d-4fd4-962f-a4c84f49ea35/reports/a5f2faa8-76f4-401b-a037-...?filter=Union~2FName-ID%20eq%20%27Caren%20ABBOUD%20-%203%27

So when the manager will click on an employee image it will redirect him to the above link.

How can i open this link in the same window?

Thank you in advance,

Rita.

Hi, @Anonymous 

I'd like to suggest you use URL filters to filter the result page. For further information, you may refer to the article . Here is my sample data.

f2.png

You may copy the link and append at the end of link as follows.

.../ReportSection?filter=Products/UnitPrice eq 18
.../ReportSection?filter=Products/UnitPrice eq 30
.../ReportSection?filter=Products/ProductID eq 40

Then you could make the image selected, go to 'Format image', click 'Action', set 'Type'  as 'Web URL' and 'Web URL' as the corresponding link. 

f7.png

When it is saved and published to service, you can click the image and it will go to the result page filtered by URL parameters. Here are the results.

f3.png

f4.png

f5.png

f6.png

Best Regards

Allan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-alq-msft ,

Thank you sooo much !!!!

is it possible to open it in the same window?

For example, when choosing a picture, a new window tab will open -- is it possible to run it in the same window?

Thank you again,

Rita

were you able to find how to open the URL in the same window?

Also wondering if you were able to do this in the same window. I swear i saw the option somewhere, and now I can't find it anymore.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors