Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arcellie
Helper I
Helper I

URGENT - Strange behaviour: Power BI On Premise Gateway charging SSAS Server with 100% CPU

Greetings,

we're under a big incident situation with no particular elements to find a specific solution.

Since last friday, processing OLAP cube on SSAS is causng a saturation on the SSAS Server, taking CPU at 100% and blocking users access and other operations on that server.

Even if this seems a normal issue on the OLAP Server, CPU gets charged on 100% after ever processing operations. Investigating, we found out that the saturation is in some ways related to the On premise gateway server (restarting this, take the situation to normal again).

We've analyzed opened sessions but not finding any strange behaviour.

This seems a new behaviour as in the past days we didn't encounter any issues on processing in the same way OLAP cubes.

We're going to open a ticket to Microsoft since this is a severe priority incident blocking the company, but we'd like to hear if anyone else has also face this kind of issue in these days (for example the issue on the delay of dashboard tiles refreshing was a worldwide known issue).

Thank you and best regards.

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @arcellie 

What happens if you have to disable the dashboard tile refresh and see if that resolves your issue?

It could be that the dashboard tile is being refreshed every 15minutes. And if the tile items have complex DAX that takes a long time to run it could be hogging all the CPU on the SSAS Server?

You can find the settings here: 

GilbertQ_0-1606084761803.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

HI @GilbertQ ,

actually it desn't seem a behaviour related to dashboard refresh. But we actually see that saturation was triggered by Power BI On Premise Gateway.

We're in contact with Microsoft in order to investigate saturations on the system.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors