Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

URGENT: Date slicer non-functional after publishing

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some fast replies! My company is presenting our quarterly findings report tomorrow and after some visual changes, I published the report to PBI service. I have a date slicer (the Microsoft Timeline Slicer v2.1.1) in my report that I use to change time periods for the charts. This function works perfectly in the desktop version and I am able to change between quarters and the charts all react and display the correct data. However, upon checking the online version, the timeline slicer no longer works at all. It doesn't appear to be filtering the underlying data and none of the charts are changing. I created a card to monitor the slicer values as the UI selection is changed and even though a different quarter is clicked, the output value remains static. Any idea as to what might be causing this? I honestly do not even know where to start debugging this issue. I've never had this happen before today and have published this same report many times with no errors. Unfortunately I cannot share the file as it contains PII. Like I said, this is quite urgent as we are presenting this to our client tomorrow! Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I feel incredibly dumb... For an unknown reason, this specific slicer does not work in Google Chrome or Firefox. I can't think of a reason why this would be, but opening app.powerbi.com in Microsoft Edge solved the issue. Thanks for the suggestions though!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I feel incredibly dumb... For an unknown reason, this specific slicer does not work in Google Chrome or Firefox. I can't think of a reason why this would be, but opening app.powerbi.com in Microsoft Edge solved the issue. Thanks for the suggestions though!

v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Please try to check whether the visuals and slicers interaction are disabled or not.

Everything looks good according to your description expect the slicer not working.

Best Regards,

Giotto

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Very difficult to troubleshoot. Might want to switch to a standard hierarchical slicer. You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors