Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Two different workspaces with different choice of refreshes

Hi All,

I have two work spaces and Workspace A has a dataset that is scheduled to refresh every one Hour. In Workspace B i have a dataset scheduled to refresh but i see only daily and weekly selection in the drop down. Please advice.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

The reason for the difference is your second screenshot is referring to a dashboard tile refresh. This typically comes from a DirectQuery connection where the dataset refresh is controlled outside of the Power BI Service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

The first picture shows the scheduled refresh in the Import connection mode. According to the refresh schedule or on-demand, import data from the original data source into the dataset. You can perform multiple dataset refreshes per day. The data set limit on Power BI shared capacity for eight times a day.

The second picture shows the scheduled refresh in DirectQuery/LiveConnect connection mode. As long as the report or dashboard queries the data set, the data set will return the results from the underlying data source. Since data is not imported, there is no need to run data refresh, but , Power BI will still perform tile refreshing. Tiles are report visual objects that are fixed to the dashboard. The dashboard tiles are refreshed approximately once an hour so that the tiles can display the latest results. Of course, you can also adjust the time according to your needs.

This is a link about data refresh, I hope it will help you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-data

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-yangliu-msft 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

The reason for the difference is your second screenshot is referring to a dashboard tile refresh. This typically comes from a DirectQuery connection where the dataset refresh is controlled outside of the Power BI Service.

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you post a screenshot of what you are viewing?

And also how are the data sources being refreshed via a Gateway or directly through the PBI Service?

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @GilbertQ 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @GilbertQ , both the data sets are refreshed using gateway. Please see the atached screen shots.

Capture624.PNGCapture624a.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors