Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Trying to use ArcGIS map but wont let me save

Just added lat and long and automatically added allt he data. Went to save the report and says "Unable ot save converted report, Some visuals are not currently supported please delete". Does this mean ArcGIS maps are not supported on Power BI services if so why are they an option?

Data is coming from a linked excel workbook

Thanks

Mike

19 REPLIES 19
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @masplin,

I can't reproduce your issue, it works on my side.

Capture.PNG

Can you share some sample data to test? It will be help for troubleshooting.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Can I send you a dropbox link as file is 30Mb and not obvious how i cut it down without fundamentailly changing it?

Mike

Hi @masplin,

Yes, you can share the data here.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

sorry how?

Hi @masplin,

Did you upload the sample data and share the link?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I cant see how to upload it?

HI @masplin,

You can upload your file to onedrive, google drive, dropbox. Then share the file and paste the share link here.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @masplin,

I can't find any latitude and longitude type data in your sample file. So I think you may input other type data in these fields, right?

If this is a case, current arcgis map only support numeric type data of latitude and longitude.
I'd like to suggest you post an ideas about support other types in argics map latitude and longitude fields.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

It so n MSOALatLong table.  If you got t oinsert/3d map you can see I used ther lat long here without any issue

HI @masplin,

>>It so n MSOALatLong table.  If you got t oinsert/3d map you can see I used ther lat long here without any issue

Current, the lat and lang fields of arcgis map only supports numeric type, so I think the issue is related to your data type.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

What do you mean by numeric type? My data column is formatted as decial number.

Hi @masplin,

>>What do you mean by numeric type? My data column is formatted as decial number.

In arcgis visual, Latitude fields and longitude fields only support to analysis numeric type. You need convert them to normal numeric type.

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Sorry im being stupid. What is the difference between decimal and normal numeric type? I thought you meant whole number but you have decimals.

Hi @masplin,

>> I thought you meant whole number but you have decimals. 

It means use the correct type to store numeric value.(e.g: don't use text column to store the number value)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Its a number column?

Hi @masplin,

Yes, based on test, decimal number is support.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

right so my data is decimal numbers so should be working?

Hi @masplin,

Yes, I already test with decimal data.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors