Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to update a content pack and received this error.

PBI content pack error.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a workaround try this. I had 5 reports in my contente pack, so I removed 4 reports and updated my content pack with just one report and no error. I went back and added\updated one report at a time till I added all 5 I oringinally had in the content pack. 

I opened a support ticket ticket with microsoft and they said that it is a known issue and they are working on it. Till then try this workaround.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Did you mean Content Pack or APP?

Did you encounter this issue when you republished a content pack or App after editing original one?  I have tried several times but could always republish the modified one.

Could you republish other content packs or Apps without any error? If you were talking about App, please check that when you create a new workspace, do you have any group image defined? If yes, please try to remove it, or try a smaller (<33KB) JPG or PNG for a test.

By the way, I have noticed that this issue has been reported internally. 

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting this when updating existing content pack.

Hi @Anonymous,

It might be an issue that affects content pack updating. We have reported this issue internally to product team. Please be patient to wait for the fix. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hello, 

Is there any solution?

This is kind of tricky! 

This is happends since 31/7.

Thanks

JS

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a workaround try this. I had 5 reports in my contente pack, so I removed 4 reports and updated my content pack with just one report and no error. I went back and added\updated one report at a time till I added all 5 I oringinally had in the content pack. 

I opened a support ticket ticket with microsoft and they said that it is a known issue and they are working on it. Till then try this workaround.

Same error message here when trying to update the content pack. 

mysterbiggs
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have also started having this issue today. It doesn't happen on every content pack, but this particular one, which happens to have a large audience will not publish and is showing the same message as the original poster. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors