Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Trying to publish and App - You don't have permission to search for Azure Active Directory (Azure AD

Some peope at a customer have been made workspace admins, but cannot publish an App. They get the error:

"You don't have permission to search for Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) objects. Please contact your Azure AD administrator for permission."

Can anyone give some guidance on what needs to be done to aleviate this?

2019-07-04_8-14-43.png

7 REPLIES 7
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @NewOzzie ,

I think they are work in new workspace, right? If this is a case, since new workspaces are host on azure side, these users also require azure permission for operation on azure objects.
You can refer to following document to know more about this:

Publish an app in Power BI#publish-your-app

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin

Do you know what permissions the users need on Azure for this?

Thanks,

Craig

@v-shex-msft 

HI @NewOzzie ,

I think you need at least azure account and access permissions to operate these azure object. 
BTW, did you works on active directory account? If that is a case, current you need to migrate it and use azure active directory account to instead.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Mate.

That article does not explain how we give these users permission to be able to do so.

Please advise?

Thanks

Did you ever figure this out?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @PookletNZ 

hope this is still an open issue to you, I had the same problem today with a customer and could figure out the problem came from a company setting that was set to false using PowerShell. The command is: 

Set-MsolCompanySettings -UsersPermissionToReadOtherUsersEnabled $true

if this is set to $false you will receive the error message, the default is $true. If you change this to $true, it should work again. For more information please checkout my blog post: 

Power BI Azure AD Error - Power BI App Permission required | CLOUD KUMPEL

Hope this helps you!

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Blog: Cloudkumpel

Sorry, I can't even remember.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors