Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GTS_ONE
Advocate II
Advocate II

Trying to promote Workspace to Premium but it's not found in the Search

Hi All,

I have a feeling this may be an underlying O365 problem more than a PBI Premium one, but maybe there's a solution on the PBI side.

So we migrated to O365 last year and wend Premium only a few weeks ago.

When trying to search workspaces to promote them to Premium, we seem to be able to find ALL of them when we use "Workspaces by User", but some of those same workspaces won't come up when we search in "Specific Workspaces".

I'm not 100% sure, but it seems like the ones that don't appear in Specific Workspaces are some of the older workspaces we've created.

Does anyone know the conditions behind why I would be able to successfully find a given workspace "by User" but not using "Specific Workspaces"?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GTS_ONE
Advocate II
Advocate II

Since our Tenant Admins were using automated scripts to update the names of Workspaces (Unified Groups), the Workspace couldn't be found under it's "display name" but rather we had to use its original name.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GTS_ONE
Advocate II
Advocate II

Since our Tenant Admins were using automated scripts to update the names of Workspaces (Unified Groups), the Workspace couldn't be found under it's "display name" but rather we had to use its original name.

v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @GTS_ONE 

I would suggest you post the issue to O365 community.Or you may submit a support ticket.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors