Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

d0__ob

Trying to format web queries into table

Hi there, I just started trying out power BI.

My aim is to try and create a dashboard of sorts to monitor the review scores and rank of a list of 5 restaurants from different websites (facebook, tripadvisor etc).

I've managed to pull out the individual datapoints via web query (going through all the divs and spans and so on.

However, I am not sure how to arrange the data nicely into a table in Power BI. For excel, I just have to "put" the data into a particular cell. I tried apending data, but I can only make a column at a time, say, Restaurant Name, or Facebook Review Score. However, if I try to append the two tables, it would look something like this.

Name                  FB Score

Restaurant 1        (Null)

Restaurant 2        (Null)

As opposed to

Name                  FB Score

Restaurant 1        4.5

Restaurant 2        4.6

I would like to add multiple columns with different matrics. Could someone guide me to a tutorial to show me how to manually place these data points in place? Thank you very much!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want to join data from 2 sources then as described you can create a relation between the objects.

From the Relationship view you will drag the field who's relationship you are creating from Table1 with the matching field in the Table2.

Relation1.png
This will create a relationship that will look like this following.

Relation2.png
You can now see muliple data sets in one view like below.
Relation3.png

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @d0__ob,

How about the function Merge? Do you mean one column a table? How can they be connected? For example, Restaurant 1 could be a pair of 4.5 or 4.6. Can you share a sample?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @d0__ob,

You should create a relationship between the data this will help you achieve what you are trying to accomplish.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-create-and-manage-relationships#create-a-relations...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guided-learning/modeling

Hope these links help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors