Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Trouble getting Sharepoint and CDS data sources working in the gateway

I have instaleld a standard gateway for my new report which is using a mix of OData sources, CDS sources and an excel file stored on Sharepoint.   I've only used personal mode hgateways beofre and never used OData/CDS

This is what I see online

Capture.JPG

Firstly i tried to sadd the Sharepoint file by logging in using my perosnal credentials, but get this and no idea why this doens't work

Capture.JPG

Secondly why does it say the CDS cant be added to the gateway? I managed to add the OData conenction

any advice appreciated as never had these sort of issues before

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

The answer seems to be if you are using cloud data sources with on premises gateway you need ot use the url path for sharepoijnt not the local folder path e.g .not C:\User\Sharepoint

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

in the pbix doesnt matter I prefer using folder sharepoint conection using for the url the root access, you cant set the credentials to anonymous you need to give basic or window credential for the sharepoint root url you using on the pbix beore loading it to the service. them on the dataset as show in images check again the credentials, on the dataset gateway you canselect that gateway you using without having to configure the sharepoint source if you select the cloud based option. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

StefanoGrimaldi_0-1611176502620.pngStefanoGrimaldi_1-1611176554184.pngStefanoGrimaldi_2-1611176611866.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

hey, try some tricks: 

1) give acces to the pbix file to the sharepoint root and navigate to the file you want to connect, 

2) you dont need to configure a datasource for sharepoint, just on the main gateway configuration theres a option to use cloud based sources without the source configuration enable that option and you wont need to do that configuration just a second step of adding credentials to the gateway after enable the option. 

Hi

For sharepoint do I chose Date source type as Sharepoint or a folder?  i tried sharepoint and put the url in of the folder and tried windows authentication but still says cant be registered?  i tried anaonymous and OAuth2 but no differnecde.  Basically I have no idea what the selctions are for the Sharepoint file. I've only ever used a perosnal gateway which doesn't require adding it as a source. 

If I click on the allowed cloud data and test all conenctions it says online good to go, but when I go back it says to Gateway conenction it still says not configured correctly? 

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

The answer seems to be if you are using cloud data sources with on premises gateway you need ot use the url path for sharepoijnt not the local folder path e.g .not C:\User\Sharepoint

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors