Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abhinavsharma91

Trouble deleting Dataset using a Live Connection

I created a Power BI report by connecting live to analysis services tabular model and then published to Power BI service.

A few days later I had to make some changes to the existing model and report. When I tried republishing the report, Power Bi Desktop threw an error (something to do with unable to replace the existing dataset).

So I saved the pbix file with a different name  and published the report.The publish was successful but now I am unable to delete the previous dataset and I keep getting the following error.

PBIError.PNG

The reports are a part of a content pack. So I updated the content pack to point to new report.

I tried deleting the dataset time and again, from different systems, different sessions but nothing works.

Does it have something to do with 2 datasets pointing to the same data source ?

Anyone faced this issue before ?

1 REPLY 1
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@abhinavsharma91 Not aware of anything about two datasets pointing to same data source that you can't delete. Have you considered using Send a Frown from powerbi and asking PBI team about it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors