Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DRossi
Helper III
Helper III

Trigger email after a status change within a column

Hello,

I have a Power BI report that sits within the online service. The dataset is a connection from Salesforce.

I have a column 'Status' which is either 0 or 1. When the status changes from 0 to 1 upon refresh, I want an email to be triggered to the person who logged the job. 

My assumption is a combination of PowerBI and Power Automate but I can only find that I would have to create an alert on a dashboard, but still doesn't really meet the requirement. Any ideas?

NameDateTypeStatus
John18/03/21Job1
5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I would not use Power BI for that. Pull the report directly into Power Automate via the report API and then process the result there and send the emails as needed.  Or use a proper ETL tool.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

How are you extracting the SFDC data today? Via the report API, via dataloader, in some other way?

It's not too complex. I had the owner create the report on SF and then I used the SF report connection on Power BI which pulls that data. This is report on PBI is hosted on a premium node.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

So your SFDC report has a status column and a user name column?  How are you planning to send the email with that information?

Please provide more details. 

BTW, what license type does your company have for Power Automate?

lbendlin_0-1616095808937.png

Hi @lbendlin 

I have the a unique identifier that comes from SF of the person who raised the lead in the row of data.  I then have built a relationship to another datasource on SP that stored a list of users unique identifier and email address so I would pull from that.

I seen that connection but don't think the business will pay for it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors