Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Psiodoros
Regular Visitor

Trial Paginated Reports

We need to test the paginated report feature with the option to publish it to the PowerBi Service and to use it as a visual in PowerBi Desktop. 
Can we have a trial license to test it.
What we should do to acquire it ?
I tried to enable a trial premium per user license but I can't see this option anywhere.
Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Psiodoros ,

You can get a trial version of Premium Per User (PPU) through Microsoft 365, as long as your organization has not restricted PPU licenses. Trials are enabled through the portal:

11.PNG

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Psiodoros ,

You can get a trial version of Premium Per User (PPU) through Microsoft 365, as long as your organization has not restricted PPU licenses. Trials are enabled through the portal:

11.PNG

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Psiodoros 

You can use your trial PPU licence, log in to the Service, then mark a Workspace as a PPU workspace - Workspace Settings - Premium.

Burningsuit_0-1637762415326.png

Once the workspace is marked as a PPU workspace, you can use the Power BI Report Builder to publish a Paginated Report to the Workspace. 

Then in Power BI Desktop you can use the  Paginated Report Visual to look for and open the Paginated Report you uploaded.

In all cases you'll need to be logged in as the trial PPU user to publish, view and access the Paginated Report in Power BI desktop.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Hi Stuart , 
yes this helps a lot,
so my question now is
how to activate a trial PPU licence ? 
I can't see this option anywhere
Thanks for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors