Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Transform data greyed out in ODBC connection to Postgres in dataflow

Hi All,

I've been trying to find an answer online without success. I'm creating a dataflow through an ODBC connection to a Postgres Data Warehouse. I'm able to connect and have the necessary permissions, and I'm able to select tables, but when it comes to views the "Transform data" button greys out and it won't let me select the view either for loading in. I primarily want to be using views to pull into the dataflow so I need to find a solution to this. 

Does anybody have any idea of a fix? 

Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

Hoping that we have "Postgre SQL" connector in Dataflow. (Database- Postgre SQL)

Instead of using the ODBC(Other-ODBC), please try to re-pro the issue with the Postgre SQL.

If you have any concerns, please let us know.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am deliberately using ODBC connection as it suits our working practice better. I want to understand why views aren't allowed, if this is a bug or if there is a genuine reason behind not being able to select them? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors