cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transferring Ownership

I am retiring from the company I work for and have built many reports, dashboards, including PBI service configurations (e.g., PBI Gateway), set up under my name.   What is the best way to transfer ownership for all of these things?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Congrats on retiring! The best way would have been to use a service account from the start. Short of that, you will need to probably make a service account a Power BI Admin role. You will also want to likely add that user as an owner to the various workspaces where your content is published. And you will want to use the Power Platform Admin portal to set that user up as an owner of the gateways. If you used your personal account as the data source credentials, you will need to change all of those as well.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Learn Power BI 2nd Edition

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg.   If I have any more questions, I'll reopen this conversation.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Congrats on retiring! The best way would have been to use a service account from the start. Short of that, you will need to probably make a service account a Power BI Admin role. You will also want to likely add that user as an owner to the various workspaces where your content is published. And you will want to use the Power Platform Admin portal to set that user up as an owner of the gateways. If you used your personal account as the data source credentials, you will need to change all of those as well.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Learn Power BI 2nd Edition
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg.   If I have any more questions, I'll reopen this conversation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2022 update 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to learn more about the August 2022 updates!

August 1 episode 9_no_dates 768x460.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Watch the playback when Priya Sathy and Charles Webb discuss Datamarts! Kelly also shares Power BI Community updates.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors