Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SHOOKANSON
Advocate I
Advocate I

Track Data Exports

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to track when and/or what a user is exporting from a PBI report to excel? Or if there is a way to restrict what a user can export into Excel? As of right now, I am aware that you can disable exporting all together, but not disable the underlying data without also removing the summarized data option.

My boss would like to track and/or restrict people's usage while still giving them general access to the data.

TIA!

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @SHOOKANSON,

Another approach is the audit logs. Please refer to the snapshot below.

Track_Data_Exports

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @SHOOKANSON

If you only want to share the read only data, you could possibly create an App from an App Workspace.

In terms of tracking the usage there is a new Content Pack with a link below, which will track and use all the metrics and events happening in the Power BI Service.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-the-power-bi-usage-metrics-solution-template/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors