Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MattN4
Helper I
Helper I

Top salesperson

Hi all,

Another simple ask.

In the service (so no DAX) I am trying to show the top sales person by region. I have all the measures I need, but it seems impossible to use the Top N. Each region has about 10 sales people and I have 10 regions, I want to show the top sales person from each region. Selecting the region as a filter with Top N (1) based on sales variance simply gives me 3 values all from the region, none of which make any sense.

Any idea's?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MattN4

Do you want to show the top 1 sales person from each region?

If you create a rank measure, than you can filter the "rank" to show values of 1.

1.png

Below is my example.

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MattN4

Do you want to show the top 1 sales person from each region?

If you create a rank measure, than you can filter the "rank" to show values of 1.

1.png

Below is my example.

Best Regards

Maggie

Many thanks this worked.

Just to add, I added DENSE to the end of formula. This was because in my table I had both positive and negative values. The postive values were fine, the negative values showed out of sequence. DENSE resolved this (but don';t ask me how!).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors