Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Top 10 includes more than 10 variables when number 10, 11 and 12 share the same value

Hi,

I'm trying to make a top 10, as part of a weekly report, which I am sending out through PDF to our customers.

The issue is that in some cases the top 10 includes more than 10 variables, and because of that a scroll-bar appears. 

I can see that this is the case whenever number 10 shares values with number 11, 12 and so forth. I do have more values I can use as a second criteria. Currently it is sorting by "top 10 price", I could put in a second criteria - sales units. However I can't seem to find any way to implement this? 

Is there any work around on this matter? E.g. forcing the table to only include 10 rows (no matter what) or any other solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

One sample for your reference, please check the following steps as below.

1. Create a measure as below.

Measure =
COUNTROWS (
    FILTER (
        ALL ( 'Table1' ),
        ISONORAFTER (
                'Table1'[value], SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table1'[value] ), DESC,
                'Table1'[cate], SELECTEDVALUE ( Table1[cate] ), DESC
        )
    )
)

2. Show items top 10 by the measure.

Capture.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

One sample for your reference, please check the following steps as below.

1. Create a measure as below.

Measure =
COUNTROWS (
    FILTER (
        ALL ( 'Table1' ),
        ISONORAFTER (
                'Table1'[value], SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table1'[value] ), DESC,
                'Table1'[cate], SELECTEDVALUE ( Table1[cate] ), DESC
        )
    )
)

2. Show items top 10 by the measure.

Capture.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your suggestion. The issue is that I do not have access to the data model. 

I can only work from the online service. 

Hi @Anonymous ,

As I know we cannot create measure in power bi srevice currecntly,  I suggest your to ask the owner of the report to edit he report by adding the measure to the pbix and republish it to work on it.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Does that make sense? If so kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case. Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors