Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mperkins418
Employee
Employee

Tooltips duplicated in published report

I have multiple reports where we have informational tool tips on a few tabs. When publishing the reports to the service, the tool tips are duplicated because of the accessibility hover tips that are automatic in the service. Is there any way around this duplication? I've tried removing the tool tip action and using the alternative text field, but once I turn off the tool tip action, neither the hovers in the service nor the tool tips show up

Tooltips.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @mperkins418 ,

I got the new message today :

An internal bug has been filed, the fix might not make the December fork date though so this probably won't be fixed until 2020.

After testing, it worked fine using previous version of Power BI Desktop. Maybe you could try to install one.

Edit :
You could install a September version (64-bit) of Power BI Desktop from the shared link.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@mperkins418 

I tried to repro it from my end, Please refer the below snippet.

Tooltip-1 in report.JPG

If the issue is persists, please share the PBIX file with the sample data to re-pro.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Thank you, I guess I wasn’t clear in my original post. I’m using a shape as a tooltip. Add a square and turn on actions. Add text to the tooltip section of the actions and publish.

Hi @mperkins418 ,

I reproduced the issue currently. It is submitted internally. If there is any message, I will post here.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xuding-msft 

Can you please share the tracking number.

Hi @venal ,

It is 153531140.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Thank you all for the support on this! @v-xuding-msft , do I need to submit a ticket on my end as well?

Hi @mperkins418 ,

I got the new message today :

An internal bug has been filed, the fix might not make the December fork date though so this probably won't be fixed until 2020.

After testing, it worked fine using previous version of Power BI Desktop. Maybe you could try to install one.

Edit :
You could install a September version (64-bit) of Power BI Desktop from the shared link.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Thanks for your help!

Hi @mperkins418 ,

You don't need to create a support ticket. The issue is fixing currently. I will post the new message once it is updated.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

@mperkins418 

I hope this is what you are trying to face the issue.

Actions >> Enabled and text as "This is a tool tip". 2nd one i have not given any text, but actions tab is enabled.

tooltip-popup-twice.jpg

Please submit a ticket and share the number for tracking.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/  -> Create Support Ticket

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Could you please put up an image of what you are experiencing?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks Gilbert, have added an image. The grey box is the default hover in the service while the white call out box is the actual tool tip.

Thanks I have not seen that before, I would think that it should not duplicate the values.

I am not sure how to solve that, hopefully someone else might have an answer.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks for looking - it seems to be a fairly recent issue and I'm seeing it across most of the reports I view in the service.

Hi @mperkins418 ,

Does it work fine currently? If you have solved it, welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from here. If you're still confused by it, feel free to post here.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Still not working. I was easily able to replicate the issue with a new PBI file. Any insight from PBI support would be much appreciated.

tooltip.jpg

Hi @mperkins418 ,

After testing, I can't reproduce your issue. Maybe you could share a dummy file that we can test.

4.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors