cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mperkins418 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tooltips duplicated in published report

I have multiple reports where we have informational tool tips on a few tabs. When publishing the reports to the service, the tool tips are duplicated because of the accessibility hover tips that are automatic in the service. Is there any way around this duplication? I've tried removing the tool tip action and using the alternative text field, but once I turn off the tool tip action, neither the hovers in the service nor the tool tips show up

Tooltips.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Super User
Super User

Re: Tooltips duplicated in published report

Hi there

Could you please put up an image of what you are experiencing?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
"Proud to be a Datanaut!"
Power BI Blog
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Gilbert, have added an image. The grey box is the default hover in the service while the white call out box is the actual tool tip.

Super User
Super User

Thanks I have not seen that before, I would think that it should not duplicate the values.

I am not sure how to solve that, hopefully someone else might have an answer.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
"Proud to be a Datanaut!"
Power BI Blog
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for looking - it seems to be a fairly recent issue and I'm seeing it across most of the reports I view in the service.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mperkins418 ,

After testing, I can't reproduce your issue. Maybe you could share a dummy file that we can test.

4.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mperkins418 ,

Does it work fine currently? If you have solved it, welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from here. If you're still confused by it, feel free to post here.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Frequent Visitor

Still not working. I was easily able to replicate the issue with a new PBI file. Any insight from PBI support would be much appreciated.

tooltip.jpg

venal Member

@mperkins418 

I tried to repro it from my end, Please refer the below snippet.

Tooltip-1 in report.JPG

If the issue is persists, please share the PBIX file with the sample data to re-pro.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Frequent Visitor

Thank you, I guess I wasn’t clear in my original post. I’m using a shape as a tooltip. Add a square and turn on actions. Add text to the tooltip section of the actions and publish.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 961 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: