Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nimp_kp
Frequent Visitor

Tooltips are not showing in service

Hello

When I mouseover the question mark on my visuals, the tooltip box doesnt display any more. This is happening on all reports/apps/workspace in the Power BI service. It works fine in the .pbix-file, but after publishing, it disappears.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nimp_kp ,

Have submited this issue internal to confirm(ICM: 295541093), would update here as soon as possible if there is any update about it.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Kelly2

What ended up being the solution? I see if marked as solved but don't see an actual solution. We recently upgraded our on prem version to May 2022 and I noticed the published version of the timeline visual doesn't show the tool tips. As stated above, it works fine in the desktop version.

dgsouth99_1

As of Apr 15, 2022, this is not fixed when using visualization "as Timeline".

The custom tooltips work fine in Power BI Desktop, but the tooltips do not show in Service or embedded reports.  The tooltip has worked fine for several years in Desktop, Service and embedded.

Thanks.

I am also using "as Timeline" and having the same issue. I have found that a small number of the tooltips do show up in Service, but if any of the values used in the tooltip have a 0 or blank value, the tooltip does not display. It works perfectly fine in Desktop.

Thanks

nimp_kp
Frequent Visitor

The problems seems to have been fixed. The tooltips are now showing again!

Thanks for the help.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nimp_kp ,

Have submited this issue internal to confirm(ICM: 295541093), would update here as soon as possible if there is any update about it.

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this issue resolved.? we are facing same issue when using the tooltip on shape using conditional formating tooltip.

Still having the same issue in the service. It is isolated to the report page Tooltip on a Text Box.

It works in desktop(Feb 2022 version), but once you publish the report to service it does not work. 

I have tried updating google chrome did not fix. also find the same issue in Edge.

Hi @av9

I have changed my answer. Have submited this issue internal to confirm(ICM: 295541093), would update here as soon as possible if there is any update about it.

Best Regards

It was already accepted as a bug in the service when we raised a ticket last week and is planned to be addressed with a patch next week. 

av9
Helper III
Helper III

Having the same issue, tried re-publishing and recreating tooltips with no luck, looks like a bug.

amikm
Helper V
Helper V

@nimp_kp, make sure you have this is set up inside your Power VI desktop and then the same will display in the Power BI service.  One more question are you using a custom tooltip or tooltip option that is present in the Format pane area ( like below)

amikm_0-1647745462850.png

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

This happens when you use a custom tooltip page. The tooltip will still show if you use standard text.

If you have a Pro license you can consider raising a Pro ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

The more people do that the faster this bug gets resolved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors