Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

feedbackisagift
Frequent Visitor

Tooltips GA

Hi,

When will tooltips work in the service?  When will they go GA?

I've built various reports that I'd like to share via the service but it currently fails because tooltips are still considered preview.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

9 REPLIES 9
tanquoc0309
Helper II
Helper II

Tooltip isn't working in Power BI service. 

Version: 2.60.5169.3201 64-bit (July 2018)

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@tanquoc0309

1. Did you enable Tooltips ? I noticed the July 2018 PBI Desktop disabled Tooltips by default... hence it looked like it was broken.

2. Once tooltips was working in PBI Desktop, you need to republish the file.

I did the above and everything was fixed.

D

The tooltip is enabled.

Report page tooltips in Preview feature is checked.

And the report is publish to Service ;(

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Jimmy,

Currently I can add tooltips when I am working with Power BI Desktop, but there is a known issue that prevents the tooltips from working when uploaded to the Power BI service.

The performance is inconsistent.  For example, if you open the report, the tooltip feature may or may not work.  And if you are accessing it via a live page on a dashboard (common way to consume), then the tooltips definitely do not work.

I'm trying to get a sense on when they will take tooltips GA and whether they're addressing the hiccups that occur when accessing via a live page on a dashboard.

J

Hi feedbackisagift,

Now it's a known issue, please see this case: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Tooltips-only-appear-on-dashboard-once/m-p/392488#M42825.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I believe this is now fixed. By default, tooltips are disabled and did not appear in the Power BI Service.

However, the latest July Power BI Desktop download allows you to 'turn on' tooltips. We reopened our PBI file in the latest version, republished, and now ToolTips work again.

Cheers,

Dan

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I have got tooltips running in my existing reports on the Power BI Service without any issues?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

When you pin live page to a dashboard, does it still work?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors