Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Henrik_99
Resolver I
Resolver I

Tooltip unstable in Power BI Service

hi

We have implemented many reports with toolstips feacture on matrix and column chartst and published to Power BI Service  Premium. Whenever we did mouse over to that visual it responded immediately. Last couple of days, (not sure when this started) we are facing issues report page tooltip on service where as on desktop it works perfectly fine.

Example , one report move mouse over matrix visual and you do  get an immediately response BUT the tooltip report disappears straight away. See example below.  You need approx 3 times before tooltip report appears. This applies for all reports with tooltips. 

Power BI Desk top version: Version: 2.65.5313.621 32-bit (desember 2018).

Example below you get an respons but disappear immediately.

Using Google Chrome/Internet Explorer with same results.

example.pngRgds

Henrik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Henrik_99,

It is a know issue:

Some customers may experience issues with the Report Page tool tips displaying properly. Engineers are working on a fix and expect it to be deployed to all regions by end-of-day 1/25/19.

You could pay attention to below link:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Henrik_99,

I could reproduce your problem, you could try to hover your mouse over the line data and move left or right and it could show the

tooltip.

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Daniel

I still think it`s solved 100%. Have I understood you correctly, that I need to hover my mouse over the line right and left to trigg the tooltip. I though the tooltip should work as Desktop e.g. reacting as soon you move your mouse over the line.

Rgds

Henrik

Hi @Henrik_99,

It is a know issue:

Some customers may experience issues with the Report Page tool tips displaying properly. Engineers are working on a fix and expect it to be deployed to all regions by end-of-day 1/25/19.

You could pay attention to below link:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Regards,

Daniel He

Hello @Henrik_99, @v-danhe-msft,

I have the same issue since a few days.
Indeed moving mouse left or right "solves" the issue, but that doesn't make for a great user experience at all

can you correct the display to have it working without moving the mouse as well ? (just like it USED to work)

thank you!

jdelcambre
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue where tooltip report pages that work fine in desktop only display on the service for a split-second before disappearing.  Also happening with normal tooltips on a clustered line/bar chart.

SecretStash
Regular Visitor

Hi Henrik,

We have had identical issues, just started today, possibly yesterday. Desktop is fine, but Service is very tempramental, and very precise mouse movements are required.  Untill very recently it was working perfectly.

D

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors