Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Priyanga
Regular Visitor

Tooltip page not working recently

Hi Team,

I had a tooltip page which i was using as visual header tooltip . the tooltip page basically has some image. I had this report published in power bi service and it was working fine. But lately I noticed that the visual header tooltip stopped working in power bi service but still working fine in power bi desktop. Not sure what happened suddenly that it stopped working. can someone help me if this can be fixed.

Thanks ,

Priyanga

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Priyanga ,

It’s an issue that has been reported interanlly(ICM 295541093) and our product team has a fix deplyed for it. Generally available of the fix will be later March in product environments. Please be patient for the fix. Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
annika_rahf

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem. My tooltip stopped working properly on the web version, however it is working on the desktop version. Has there been a fix found for this issue ? I've tried republishing my report using a different name, still didn't work.

Same issue. For me it is occurring on small multiples. The tooltips only work on one small multiple graph online, while in my Desktop version it works on all. 

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Priyanga ,

It’s an issue that has been reported interanlly(ICM 295541093) and our product team has a fix deplyed for it. Generally available of the fix will be later March in product environments. Please be patient for the fix. Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Thanks for this update here. Good to see that a fix is available soon.

RemyBosman
Helper II
Helper II

I'm experiencing the same problem. We have many reports with Page Tooltips, in none of them the page tooltips are working anymore. Did you raise a service request at Microsoft?

JQuon
Helper I
Helper I

Just wanted to add another data point.  I'm also experiencing the same problem you are.  I previously had a visual header tooltip that displayed (on hover) a custom tooltip page.  It was working a few weeks ago in the Power BI Service but is no longer working.  Now, on hover, nothing happens.

The tooltip continues to work in the desktop version, but not in the Power BI Service.

I would try this:

1. Republish the PBIX using the current Power BI Desktop. It is possible something with an old report format is causing this. Not likely, but not impossible.
  2. Contact support - Support | Microsoft Power BI - since two of you are seeing this, this isn't an isolated issue.
  3. Or, open an issue in the Issues forum. Issues - Microsoft Power BI Community - the Power BI team monitors that forum.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
edhans
Super User
Super User

What do you mean not working? It isn't showing up? It is showing up but is blank? It is showing up but has an error?

Have you tried this on another PC to see if is some sort of browser cache issue? Have you tried republishing the PBIX file?

Is the image in the PBIX itself or are you linking to an image via a URL?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

It is not showing up. I  published the report in another workspace and checked, still it doesnt work. the image is in the pbix not from any url

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors