Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DesigningOne
Frequent Visitor

Tooltip arrow over buttons

Does anyone know how to get rid of the tooltip arrow that displays when hovering over a button? I have tooltips left blank and turned off, but the arrow at the bottom of the tooltip seems to be persistent.

DesigningOne_1-1657049534031.png

Thanks for any and all help!

Brian S

Atlanta, GA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

And just like that the arrows are no longer appearing for me. Lucky or is everyone else seeing the same?

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
giorgiokatr
Helper V
Helper V

we have the same problem also. in service. tooltip and header icons is closed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are also facing same issue, it appears only in Power BI Service..it was gone last week..but i notice it again today...Can anyone please let me know how to disable this arrow on top of buttons..?

OliverP
Frequent Visitor

We just noticed this show up all of a sudden in our Power BI reports in the service too.  Very annoying.  We have tooltips and headers all turned off as well.

zs_cx_
Regular Visitor

Still an issue. Header icons and tooltips are disabled and I'm still facing this issue. 

nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

I'm also facing this issue today. Hence submitted it as an issue.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Power-bi-button-hover-shows-arrow-icon-July-2022/idi-p/26214...

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

bstonebrink

This same thing popped up for me today and wasn't previously an issue. I don't have an answer now, but it's a pretty immediate problem for our organization, our CEO hates it. As soon as I find an answer I'll post it here, and I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread. Super annoying! This is something that Powerbi shouldn't have just automatically pushed out for everyone, I feel like this is something that they should have allowed us to enable or disable, but I can't find any options for either at the moment. 

DesigningOne
Frequent Visitor

I have Header Icons, Title, & Tooltip all cleared to blank and turned off.

The only thing that changes the arrow is if I turn on tooltip. Then it shows a blank space for the tooltip above the arrow.

This is what I see when I hover over a button

GilbertQ_0-1657074507791.png

Could you post an image of what it looks like?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

2022-07-05_22-30-58.png

Looks like the above when hovering or clicking. It typically appears above the buttons but in this screenshot this button happens to be at the very top of the screen so the arrow goes underneath. This button has Tooltips disabled and Header Icons all off.

I just created a new page and but in the page navigation button and I did not see that...

Are there any other settings you have enabled?

Power BI Blog

Try and publish to the Service. In Desktop proper it doesn't appear for me but in the Service or published to the web it appears. I always use Buttons --> Blank so try that one if you can.

Hi @proeyekyuu 

I created a new PBI report directly in the service, then added the blank button and I still do not see it.

Power BI Blog

And just like that the arrows are no longer appearing for me. Lucky or is everyone else seeing the same?

You're right.  They are indeed gone now.  Interesting....

Anonymous
Not applicable

They are back now, I just noticed again.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @DesigningOne 

Have you turned off the Header Icons?

GilbertQ_0-1657050166430.png

Power BI Blog

Still an issue. I have Header Icons disabled, Tooltips disabled, arrow still pops up over every button or bookmark.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors