Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rizwana
Frequent Visitor

To fetch info about Gateway supported reports from power bi service

Hi,

I would like to know whether there is any way that I could gather information about all the gateway supported reports and workspaces related 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @rizwana 

I wonder if you are using on-premise gateway or personal gateway. Here are differences between two gateways.

On-premises data gateway                                        On-premises data gateway (personal mode)

Cloud services supportedPower BI, PowerApps, Azure Logic Apps, Power Automate, Azure Analysis Services, dataflowsPower BI
RunsAs configured by users who have access to the gatewayAs you for Windows authentication and as configured by you for other authentication types
Can install only as computer adminYesNo
Centralized gateway and data source managementYesNo
Import data and schedule refreshYesYes
DirectQuery supportYesNo
LiveConnect support for Analysis ServicesYesNo

I'd like to suggest you refer the following links.

Guidance for deploying a data gateway for Power BI 

Manage data sources 

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @rizwana 

I wonder if you are using on-premise gateway or personal gateway. Here are differences between two gateways.

On-premises data gateway                                        On-premises data gateway (personal mode)

Cloud services supportedPower BI, PowerApps, Azure Logic Apps, Power Automate, Azure Analysis Services, dataflowsPower BI
RunsAs configured by users who have access to the gatewayAs you for Windows authentication and as configured by you for other authentication types
Can install only as computer adminYesNo
Centralized gateway and data source managementYesNo
Import data and schedule refreshYesYes
DirectQuery supportYesNo
LiveConnect support for Analysis ServicesYesNo

I'd like to suggest you refer the following links.

Guidance for deploying a data gateway for Power BI 

Manage data sources 

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

I am using on-premises gateway connection.My intention is to export all information about reports that are supported using gateway connection.I can get the information about each data source information from 'manage gateways' but I would like to get all in one excel sheet,datasource,report name and workspace name.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Maybe? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/gateways

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks,I think this information will solve this.I am currently trying to set up the solution as provided in that link.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors