Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tips of how to explain reports changes to business users

Hi all,

What is the best tool to explain to business users upgrades that has been made in reports? Online training is also mandatory but I need to first send an email to all group of business users who could potentially be interested in changes that have been made. I have an idea to attacht to mail the short video where I share my screen and show them how you use added functionality.

But was it the best tool for that?

BR,

Sylwia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

"But was it the best tool for that?"

Whatever works for you.

There are multiple aspects to this question that you want to consider:

- raising awareness of the existence of the report and its functionality - Basically marketing

- reference for users that are already using the report - documentation

- disclaimers and caveats - legal and regulatory

Each of these need different vehicles. Sometimes an email blast is appropriate, other times a central repository of all reports, and sometimes you want to include that information directly in the report as a banner or footnote or reference tab.

Another influencing factor is your audience and their expectations and existing communication habits.

I'm pretty sure I am missing other facets of this topic.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

"But was it the best tool for that?"

Whatever works for you.

There are multiple aspects to this question that you want to consider:

- raising awareness of the existence of the report and its functionality - Basically marketing

- reference for users that are already using the report - documentation

- disclaimers and caveats - legal and regulatory

Each of these need different vehicles. Sometimes an email blast is appropriate, other times a central repository of all reports, and sometimes you want to include that information directly in the report as a banner or footnote or reference tab.

Another influencing factor is your audience and their expectations and existing communication habits.

I'm pretty sure I am missing other facets of this topic.

Hi @Anonymous 

As @lbendlin states, there are a lot of variables.  To me, the biggest thing to consider when trying to push out information about a report to a large group is to think of the technical tool that they will use to view it.  These days, for most folks, that is their phone.  And, that affects the type and length of video to send out.  And, the "best" way is to think about how they will view it and what tool they use - an iPhone device may view a video different than an Android.  

Some organizations I have worked with have a monthly roundtable type event where all changes for the report(s) and Power BI tool updates and data source changes are discussed.  And, that is recorded - audio of the meeting and any examples/screens shown.  It is expected that all users attend and/or watch the recording within a few days of the event.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors